Just like last year, we still use SCHOOL MESSENGER to inform us of student absences. Please indicate on the app if:
-Your child will be late, after 8:30 A.M.
-Your child will leave early, before 3:18 P.M.
-Your child will be absent all day.
1. Website: https://go.schoolmessenger.ca.
a. Select, Sign up, to create your account using your email address.
b. Select Presence to report an absence.
a. Using your mobile device, download and install the School Messenger app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
b. Use your new login information to access your account.
c. Select Presence to report an absence.
a. Dial the School Messenger toll-free number 1-844-615-8330 and follow the prompts.
Did you know?
- If your child is 20 minutes late every day, he/she will have missed 12 days of school by the end of the school year.
- If your child misses two days of school per month, he/she will have missed one month worth of school by the end of the school year.
- If your child is absent 15 days of school each year he/she will have lost one year of instruction by the end of grade 12.
Creating an account
1. Once your email address has been entered into the database at the school, navigate to the website: https://go.schoolmessenger.ca and click SIGN UP.
2. You will be prompted to enter information in order to set up your Parent Account. Please make sure to enter the same email address that has been provided to the school.
3. Within minutes, you will receive an email with a link to complete the Sign Up process. Once the Sign Up process is complete, you will be able to log into your account using the website or by using the SchoolMessenger app.
Reporting an absence using the website.
1. Go to https://go.schoolmessenger.ca, click LOG IN and enter your details.
2. Click on ATTENDANCE.
3. Click on REPORT AN ABSENCE.
4. Choose the student, the type of absence, the date, the reason and click SEND.
Report an absence using the app
1. Open the SchoolMessenger App and log in. The app opens to the Messages page. Click the top left corner to open the Menu.
2. Click on ATTENDANCE.
3. The Attendance area will show all student names attached to your account as well as a list of all absences that have been reported. You can choose List or Calendar view. To report an absence, tap REPORT AN ABSENCE in the bottom right corner.
4. Choose the name of the student that will be absent, the duration of the absence, the reason and the date. Click SEND.
5. After submitting the absence, you will be taken back to the Attendance screen which will show your reported absence. You will also notice a red notification in the top left corner – this indicates that a message has been sent to you confirming the reported absence. The confirmation message is also sent to your email.